vinivi.com

Monday, June 05, 2006

Frustrated about translations

I never really meant to learn many languages, it just happened. At school in Holland you start learning English, French and German at the age of about 12. First this is compulsary and after a few years you can choose wether you want to keep on doing them or not. Obviously I have chosen to continue.

You only realize how different it is doing conversation in the class room when you talk to someone who is speaking that language as a mother tongue.

Working in tourism gave me many opportunities to practice all languages and I even added Italian and Spanish. People sometimes wonder how I don't get mixed up with all those languages but honestly I hardly ever do.

I always brag about speaking six languages; how embarrassing if you see what happens to me now...

Preparing the promotion for vinivi, some translations need to be made. I make them, I check them...

and then I have to ask someone else to read through them again before they are perfect for use on vinivi!!!

Can you imagine how frustrating?

Luckily I've got very kind neighbours... thanks Saba and Rahul!

1 Comments:

  • Do not worry Carla, you are doing great translating all the vocabulary. It will look english to an english native...next german...italian...

    By Blogger Gilles, at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home